Business Continuity Management (BCMS) is a management system that helps you identify threats to your organization, to assess the level of risk and to respond effectively; safeguarding your reputation and key business activities. ISO 22301 provides a framework to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and continually improve a business continuity management system. It is expected to help organizations protect against, prepare for, respond to, and recover when disruptive incidents arise.
- Minimizing risk – increased resilience when faced with organizational threat
- Resilience – enhanced capability to handle disruption and protect brand reputation when integrated with business planning
- Reducing costs – action plan rehearsals mean that, should the worst happen, the organization’s financial position is protected
- Regulatory compliance – Demonstrating compliance with risk management law regulations you increase the confidence of employees, customers and other stakeholders.
- Save Money – In some cases BCMS has been known to reduce costs as well as insurance premiums and can help improve your financial performance.
- Optimize customer Services – Strengthened management controls allows the organization to maintain agreed levels of critical services and products to customers in the face of disruption.